• Caro Visitante, por que não gastar alguns segundos e criar uma Conta no Fórum Valinor? Desta forma, além de não ver este aviso novamente, poderá participar de nossa comunidade, inserir suas opiniões e sugestões, fazendo parte deste que é um maiores Fóruns de Discussão do Brasil! Aproveite e cadastre-se já!

Discussão [1ª temporada] Episódio 8 (com spoilers)

Qual sua nota para o oitavo episódio da primeira temporada?

• Total de votantes
  • Votação encerrada .
Fui só eu que inclui a senilidade do Celebrimbor no pacote da "diversidade"? Vai ter elfo negro, sim, e vai ter elfo idoso, sim. Por que sim. Em favor da igualdade dos idosos.
Ver anexo 95094Ver anexo 95095

E a melhor:
Ver anexo 95096

Eu tive a impressão de que, internamente, in Universe, pode ser uma maneira de representar a noção de que Celebrimbor, a la Fëanor, sacrificou ou "atou" parte grande de sua essência vital às suas obras "subcriativas"... Fazendo valer a máxima de que não há "verdadeira criação....sem sacrifício".

Que isso teria acelerado o processo de "envelhecimento élfico" dele, talvez um subplot que eles venham a explorar melhor em temporadas futuras onde o custo do forjamento do Anel do Poder para Sauron também venha a ser enfocado de alguma maneira. Um aviso "presente de despedida" de Celebrimbor para quem o traiu.

Eu tive a impressão de que, internamente, in Universe, pode ser uma maneira de representar a noção de que Celebrimbor, a la Fëanor, sacrificou ou "atou" parte grande de sua essência vital às suas obras "subcriativas"... Fazendo valer a máxima de que não há "verdadeira criação....sem sacrifício".

Que isso teria acelerado o processo de "envelhecimento élfico" dele, talvez um subplot que eles venham a explorar melhor em temporadas futuras onde o custo do forjamento do Anel do Poder para Sauron também venha a ser enfocado de alguma maneira. Um aviso "presente de despedida" de Celebrimbor para quem o traiu.

Será que o pessoal da série teria essa, digamos, profundidade?

Ainda assim eu teria curtido mais um Celebrimbor mais jovem de aparência (e mais esperto em relação ao seu próprio ofício :roll:).

Será que o pessoal da série teria essa, digamos, profundidade?
Lendo todos os posts do @Ilmarinen sobre a série, me questiono a mesma coisa. Ele vai num nível de profundidade, de assumir coisas que acho que não passam sequer pela cabeça dos produtores da série.

A primeira temporada se mostrou bem simples e rasa, sem grandes camadas por trás dos acontecimentos. Não vejo porque nas próximas temporadas seria diferente.

Quando vejo uma live do Dr. Corey Olsen com mais de 3 horas sobre o último episódio ganhar tantos dedinhos pra baixo:

Corey.png

Tenho a certeza de que a série está no caminho certo.

A complexidade de série reside justamente na sutileza e na delicadeza. Infelizmente...

Última edição:
Lendo todos os posts do @Ilmarinen sobre a série, me questiono a mesma coisa. Ele vai num nível de profundidade, de assumir coisas que acho que não passam sequer pela cabeça dos produtores da série.

A primeira temporada se mostrou bem simples e rasa, sem grandes camadas por trás dos acontecimentos. Não vejo porque nas próximas temporadas seria diferente.
Bom, o Charlie Vickers, o Halbrand-Sauron, andou citando nas entrevistas coisas como o Morgoth's Ring e as cartas dando a entender que foram indicadas pra ele ler pelos produtores pra compor o personagem do Sauron. Coisas muito voltadas pro fã hardcore. Material que vem das mesmas fontes que explicaram os detalhes do envelhecimento e "fading" dos elfos*. É tb desse material que foi extraída a obsessão de Sauron com "ordem", com a idéia de "curar" a Terra-média.

Várias vezes em interviews eles fazem referência a essas coisas que estão nos livros póstumos em contextos que mostram que eles sabem de onde são provenientes certas informações específicas pertinentes à ambientação e ao que eles estão fazendo na série . Então eu acho meio difícil que certos detalhes não passem pelas cabeças deles embora a explicação não dê as caras de bandeja dentro da série pq ou infringem direitos ou não são dramaticamente interessantes pra trabalhar no contexto da edição da série. Do mesmo jeito que, por exemplo, um Peter Jackson deixou o achado da trompa do Boromir pra edição estendida de As Duas Torres mas a excluiu da versão cinematográfica. E/ou deixou de fora a noção de que Denethor e Aragorn tinham mais ou menos a mesma idade mas Denethor acabou envelhecido prematuramente pela exposição ao palantír.

Acho que parte do problema é que eles não podem dar a impressão de citar textualmente esse material sem infringir a restrição sobre os direitos que eles não têm, então eles se valem de formas indiretas de referir esse amontoado de bagagem através de maneiras meio "cifradas".

Uma coisa que me faz pensar que esse elemento do envelhecimento precoce do Celebrimbor tem a ver com coisas que vão acontecer pra frente na série é justamente o fato de não ter sido indagado pra eles nas entrevistas feitas até agora, dando a impressão de que são aquelas questões nas quais eles, intencionalmente, colocam um tipo de interdição pq antecipam certas supresas.

Eles estão fazendo a série pensando em como certas "deixadas" ou lacunas são para serem vistas em retrospectiva mais tarde como eles andaram falando em pedaços assim:

DEADLINE: Sounds like you really have the full five seasons pretty mapped out …
WEBER:

You know things evolve a bit, but from even before I signed on for this job, the guys really wanted to devise a story that would work from service level the first time and then would work on a whole new level when you saw it again with the full knowledge of the season. I would even say after you’ve seen future seasons, go back and look on those things again and view them in a new light. They really have a very careful plan, and as a producer, it’s really exciting to work with filmmakers like that because you can do so many exciting things and build so many layers into it. There are lots of things in there that will be a source of debate and fan engagement and discovery for people for a long, long time
*Let’s talk about how mithril is supposed to cure the sudden fading of the elves, which has been a somewhat controversial addition.
McKAY:
There’s this poetic idea in Tolkien about the fading of the elves, that elven immortality has a time limit. It felt important to us to turn up the heat on the frog in the pot, because part of what the rings do is halt this fading. So some of how we came to the mithril and a legend about how it might well actually have magic in it was all a way to wrestle with the canonical problem of elven fading, and how the rings stop it.
PAYNE: In terms of the time scale, the elves in the Third Age are getting ready to leave Middle-earth because whatever happens with the One Ring, their fate is sealed. Their rings become ineffective, or everybody is screwed.

‘The Rings of Power’: The Showrunners Unpack That Twisty Finale
Patrick McKay and J.D. Payne have had to thread a difficult needle, satisfying Tolkien die-hards and average viewers. The finale gave everyone plenty to mull.

The showrunners Patrick McKay, left, and J.D. Payne during the production of Season 1 of “The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power.”

The showrunners Patrick McKay, left, and J.D. Payne during the production of Season 1 of “The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power.”Credit...Ben Rothstein/Amazon Prime Video

The showrunners Patrick McKay, left, and J.D. Payne during the production of Season 1 of “The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power.”

By Jennifer Vineyard
Oct. 14, 2022
This interview includes spoilers for the Season 1 finale of “The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power”
The Amazon prequel series “The Rings of Power” has always had to serve two masters: the most obsessive fans, whose intimate knowledge of the J.R.R. Tolkien Legendarium has empowered them to call out any perceived transgressions, and the general audience, whose knowledge may run only as deep as the Peter Jackson films. Geeks alone won’t pay off the first season’s reported $715 million invoice.
Winning over those average viewers wasn’t easy, though, said Patrick McKay, one of series’s two showrunners, in a group phone call on Wednesday. “It seems such a heavy lift to go, ‘No, you’ll understand; you don’t have to speak Elvish.’”
This week’s season finale neatly underscored the challenge: When Halbrand (Charlie Vickers), one of the apparent central heroes of the series thus far, was revealed to be the supervillain Sauron, it put to rest what, for many fans, had been a season-long guessing game. But how to make those big moments land on multiple levels, when much of the audience may not even have realized they were supposed to be guessing?
Advertisement
Continue reading the main story

“It’s a question we’re still searching for the answer to,” said the series’s other showrunner, J.D. Payne, who was also on the phone call. “It’s something we’ve talked about a lot throughout the process.”
The solution has been to attempt to tell a story that allows both levels of fandom to meet in the middle, with clear emotional dynamics for everyone and extra lore for the hungry book readers. For example, the writers originally planned to have Galadriel (Morfydd Clark) pursue rumors about a possible successor to Morgoth, whose existence and identity was still unknown. But then McKay and Payne realized they could make Galadriel’s mission much more specific — and more emotional.

• Thanks for reading The Times.
Subscribe to The Times

They worked backward to develop her personal stakes, tying Sauron to the death of her brother, Finrod.

Explore the World of the ‘Lord of the Rings’​

The literary universe built by J.R.R. Tolkien, now adapted into a new series for Amazon Prime Video, has inspired generations of readers and viewers.​

“Even if you know nothing about Tolkien’s Legendarium, you can tell, ‘OK, this guy Sauron is bad news,’” Payne said. “And if you do know, you’ll be like, ‘Oh, Finrod was killed by werewolves that were controlled by Sauron.’”
Taking a break from production for Season 2 outside London, McKay and Payne discussed several revelations from the finale, including the big news about Sauron. These are edited excerpts from the conversation.

As you know, there are multiple Saurons: Sauron who seeks redemption; Sauron the deceiver; Annatar, the lord of gifts. Which Sauron is this?
PATRICK McKAY
Those are all ideas we talked about, the idea that he went through a period where he wanted redemption, the idea that he is a deceiver, in disguise, and an opportunist. Sauron might say to Galadriel: “Look, I was ready to walk away. You pulled me into this.” But if you look at the chain of events, he’s been greasing the wheels. He’s been encouraging her.
You could make a really good case that he was at a low point on that raft, and then the magic golden ticket showed up. He was playing hard to get. How many times does he say, “When are you going to get that army?” There’s a really good case to make where he was manipulating and deceiving her every step of the way.
To what extent is he an improviser, an opportunist, a master planner? The missing piece of this guy you’ve gotten to know as Halbrand, who has all of these qualities about him, is that he has another name, and it’s Sauron. And now everything you’ve learned about him means something a little different.
J.D. PAYNE A way we commonly talked about Sauron is that he’s a power addict. There’s a couple of ways we toy with his desire to go on the wagon, so to speak, to renounce power and seek healing. You can view his actions the way you view an addict’s actions because every step they take, they wonder, “Am I getting closer or further away from a fix?” They can always rationalize it: “Oh, I have control over this. I’m fine. I can go to that grocery store.” And the liquor is on Aisle 20. There’s always the addict in Sauron pushing him toward getting into places of power.
Advertisement

McKAY From Minute 1 in the writers’ room, we were talking about Milton [and his characterization of Lucifer in “Paradise Lost”], Ahab [in “Moby-Dick”], Fagin [in “Oliver Twist”] and Richard III. Not just pure evil and danger, but the complexity of evil. Sauron is a rich character who continues to have layers.

Among the revelations of the Season 1 finale was confirmation that the Stranger (Daniel Weyman) is an Istari, or wizard.

Among the revelations of the Season 1 finale was confirmation that the Stranger (Daniel Weyman) is an Istari, or wizard.Credit...Ben Rothstein/Amazon Prime Video

Among the revelations of the Season 1 finale was confirmation that the Stranger (Daniel Weyman) is an Istari, or wizard.

What is the nature of Sauron’s relationship with Adar (Joseph Mawle)? Was Adar’s story another lie?
McKAY:
The whole idea of Season 1 being an origin story for Mordor, in a way, was one of the early ideas in the writers’ room that we all felt a lot of gravity pulling toward. There are core thematic ideas in the lore about destruction of the environment and evil rising and falling again. Mount Doom goes fallow and then awakens again. There is a cycle that plays out through the centuries. Dramatizing one of those reawakenings felt in harmony with canon to us and potentially delicious.
PAYNE: Adar co-opts the plan for his own purposes, but it still was, basically, Sauron’s plan. If one person designs the car, and the other person builds it, whose car is it? There are multiple ways to read that.
Sauron unlocks the dam, as they put it, with the mithril. How much manipulation happened behind the scenes?
McKAY:
That’s an honest breakthrough. Celebrimbor [Charles Edwards] has an idea about creating things that are so beautiful, they could heal the world. On the other side of the map, Sauron is trying to build a power of the unseen world. It’s peanut butter and jelly.
Sauron is powerful, but he is not so powerful that he can engineer everything. We talked a lot about the idea of Steve Jobs over here, Bill Gates over there, and it’s not until the two come together with the right technology that this new power can be harnessed. Sauron needs Celebrimbor as much as Celebrimbor needs the right metal and Sauron’s inspiration for it to all come together.
Advertisement

Let’s talk about how mithril is supposed to cure the sudden fading of the elves, which has been a somewhat controversial addition.
McKAY:
There’s this poetic idea in Tolkien about the fading of the elves, that elven immortality has a time limit. It felt important to us to turn up the heat on the frog in the pot, because part of what the rings do is halt this fading. So some of how we came to the mithril and a legend about how it might well actually have magic in it was all a way to wrestle with the canonical problem of elven fading, and how the rings stop it.
PAYNE: In terms of the time scale, the elves in the Third Age are getting ready to leave Middle-earth because whatever happens with the One Ring, their fate is sealed. Their rings become ineffective, or everybody is screwed. So what was the fading like right before the rings hit pause? They could have been in a desperate place.
How did you handle instances where you might be contradicting the lore?
McKAY:
One of the places where we’re taking a real liberty is the time compression. What was important to the Tolkien estate was the principle of the narrative flow and the sequence of events, not the dates. The rings are made here, there’s a war between Sauron and the elves after that, a later Sauron is taken to Númenor, Númenor falls, Gondor is established, and you end up with the Battle of the Last Alliance. Does it matter if a hundred or 500 years passed between those events? No.
The finale reveals that the Stranger (Daniel Weyman) is an Istari, or wizard. Can you confirm which one? Some might think Gandalf, given his comment to “always follow your nose.”
McKAY:
Nothing to confirm! One of the earliest ideas we had about the precursor to hobbits was that a being of incredible power lands in their backyard. It was less about who, and more about how this being disrupts this girl’s life. That’s an archetypal, universal and relatable story. He’s on his own journey of self-discovery. He has not yet discovered any name. He doesn’t know, and neither does Nori [Markella Kavenagh]. That’s going to be part of their story moving forward, if and when he does learn his name, or a name.
Advertisement

Tell me, where is Celeborn, for I much desire to speak with him.
PAYNE:
[Laughs.] Galadriel does not say he is dead. She says, “I never saw him again.”
McKAY: Hopefully the delight is that more beloved canonical characters will join the party. Círdan will be part of Season 2.
PAYNE: There are many places Celeborn could be, and many different ways in which he could or could not come back into Galadriel’s life. Middle-earth is wide, and elves are immortal.
Which one of you is Sauron?
McKAY
[Laughs.] I am.

Última edição:
Para dar umas risadas:

The tolkien fandom has changed. I feel it on Reddit. I see it on YouTube. I smell it on the neck beards. Much that once was, has not been read. For none now critique, who have read the books.
It began with the forging of the first trailer. 3 teasers were given that showed people of color, most offensive to the “mythology of England.” Seven cast interviews were shown, and because they were unknown, they were not deemed to be great craftsman. And nine. Nine months were gifted to the shit-stirrers on YouTube, who above all else, desired ad revenue.
For within these things was given the mystery and speculation to spread rumors in every social media.
But they, were all of them, deceived. In the land of New Zealand, in the fires of The Rings of Power, JD and Patrick McCay forged in secret… a really good show. And into it they poured research, what I imagine was an underwhelming amount of wokeness, and a deep love of Tolkien.
One by one the episodes dropped, and the criticisms grew to be unfounded.
But there were some who resisted.
A last alliance of neckbeards and ad-revenue junkies decided to try and become film critics to justify their months of hatred, and in the cesspools of YouTube and r/Rings_Of_Power, they shake their fists and yell at clouds.

Tava esperando esse review. Agora só falta o comentário da Kimberly pra poder encerrar oficialmente a primeira temporada:grin:

Sem medo de ser infefeliz

… Would you mind if I hurt you?
Understand that I need to
Wish that I had other choices
Than to harm the one I love
… What have you done now?
… I know I'd better stop trying
You know that there's no denying
I won't show mercy on you now
… I know I should stop believing
I know there's no retrieving
It's over now, what have you done?
… I, I've been waiting for someone like you
But now you are slipping away
What have you done now?
Why, why does fate make us suffer?
There's a curse between us, between me and you
… What have you done?
What have you done?
What have you done?
What have you done?
What have you done now?
… What have you done?
What have you done?
What have you done?
What have you done?
What have you done now?
… Would you mind if I killed you?
Would you mind if I tried to?
'Cause you have
… Turned into my worst enemy
You carry hate that I don't feel
It's over now, what have you done?
What have you done now?
… What have you done?
What have you done?
What have you done?
What have you done?
What have you done now?
… What have you done?
What have you done?
What have you done?
What have you done?
What have you done now?
… What have you done?
What have you done?
What have you done?
What have you done?
… What have you done?
What have you done?
What have you done?
… I will not fall, won't let it go
We will be free when it ends
What have you done now?
… I've been waiting for someone like you
What have you done now?

Última edição:
Coletânea.... uma coisa que vai se imortalizar como legado de Rings of Power INDEPENDENTEMENTE de como será a performance da série daqui pra frente é o ship das Trevas Sauron e o lado mau de Galadriel.

Só os cortes com músicas já são um clássico, IMO.

Última edição:
Mesa redonda com o Eduardo Segura que é consultor da série e da legendagem dela pro espanhol.

Última edição:
Ao que parece MUITA gente deixou pra maratonar os episódios completos depois deles estarem todos disponíveis e os números Nielsen deram uma boa reagida...

Anéis de Poder vai ficar, talvez, ainda atrás de Casa do Dragão e She-Hulk mas bem longe de passar qualquer tipo de vexame ou "dar prejuízo" como a galera naysayer gosta de espalhar.

That's an increase from 988 million minutes the previous week, which makes this the second week with the ratings going up.
1st week (2 episodes): 1253 million minutes
2nd week: 1203 million minutes
3rd week: 988 million minutes
4th week: 977 million minutes
5th week: 966 million minutes
6th week: 988 million minutes
7th week: 1137 million minutes
Source: Variety
Some facts from Nielsen (via this tweet):
  • 35% of HOTD viewers were aged 18-34
  • 42% of LOTR:TROP viewers were over 50
  • 40% of HOTD viewers also watched LOTR:TROP
  • 35% of LOTR:TROP viewers also watched HOTD
Afora isso parece que tem um montão de gente maratonando as duas trilogias do PJ junto com Rings of Power como prequel já que está tudo disponibilizado na Amazon.

O que foi investido na série MESMO são 460 milhões de dólares, os outros (250 e outros duzentos e tanto) foram pra aquisição dos direitos e marketing da Primeira Temporada.

Então não são UM BILHÃO dividido por oito episódios igual algumas pessoas gostam de fazer parecer. É dinheiro investido na logística e estrutura dos cinco anos planejados.

Última edição:
O que mais me surpreende é esse pessoal colocar a trilogia do PJ em um pedestal e criticar tanto o RoP. Se vai falar mal de RoP, esteja preparado pra falar mal do LoTR do PJ também, que não é tão bom assim e certamente abriu as portas para coisas como a trilogia do Hobbit e a série RoP. Christopher Tolkien tem vários pontos válidos.
Foi exatamente sobre essa tendência desse pessoal que o Daniel Stride escreveu um dos últimos ensaios dele.

However, that decadent present will eventually become someone else’s nostalgia trip. In 2040, we might very well have grumpy pseudo-Purists holding up Rings of Power as superior to Tolkien adaptations of their own time. And if that sounds absurd, it should at least communicate how someone like me feels, who has literally lived to see the phenomenon of Jackson Purism – a concept oxymoronic twenty years ago. Jackson represented the coming of Revision, of which Rings of Power is a logical outgrowth, complete with character changes and screams about the intrusion of politics.

One can be a Tolkien Purist. One can think Jackson’s movies an excellent adaptation. But one cannot do both.

Última edição:

Valinor 2023

Total arrecadado
R$2.434,79
Termina em:
Back