• Caro Visitante, por que não gastar alguns segundos e criar uma Conta no Fórum Valinor? Desta forma, além de não ver este aviso novamente, poderá participar de nossa comunidade, inserir suas opiniões e sugestões, fazendo parte deste que é um maiores Fóruns de Discussão do Brasil! Aproveite e cadastre-se já!

Let's Practice! =D

This is true... While I was playing The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time I learned a lot...

And slang is an word that are used in talking by some peoples like "surfistas" speak... --> "gíria"

Oh, ok.

Curious thing: "OK" comes from OLL KORRECT, a slang for ALL CORRECT.

To my own*, i think british english very better, comparing to american. Don't you agree ?

---
* "To my own" is a joke translating an Linharensis old "slang".

PS: I liked the "slang" word. Sounds nice =P

Rousoku disse:
Oh, ok.

To my own*, i think british english very better, comparing to american. Don't you agree ?

---
* "To my own" is a joke translating an Linharensis old "slang".

PS: I liked the "slang" word. Sounds nice =P

Yeah... I prefer British English than American English, but I don´t know why...

Rousoku disse:
Oh, ok.

It makes sense, but I heared a different story. Obviously it's just a legend, but you may think it interesting:

In a past war (I don't remember witch nations were fighting to each other), when an army won a battle, the soldiers wrote in a huge wall this: "O.K", that meaned "ZERO KILL". It was a message from the winner army proclaiming victory, declaring it was all right. Later, people started to use this expression for everything, even to say "Yes".

Cool, huh? :lol:

tolkien-onering disse:
Yeah... I prefer British English than American English, but I don´t know why...
I agree with you, for two reasons: Britsh English doesn't have all these expressions like American English, witch just serves to complicate. :roll: And also because it's cute to hear. :mrgreen:

I like both...
Some might say Brit' English is too formal, or cute; some, that Yankee have turned english into crap.
I dont mind, since there's the same prob. Here, just inside Brazil. I'll create one topic for that..
;)

American english is dynamic, while british english is so formal, the words must be pronounced "correctly", letter by letter, syllabe by syllabe... I guess I choose american :mrgreen:

*Perhaps* british english is more poetic!

"OK", i really don´t know the its origin... There are lots of stories, but who can tell the true one? :lol:

Eönwë disse:
Letisgu disse:
Didn't knew that... I tought that the word could be used in any situation... :obiggraz:

Didn't know. If the auxiliar verb is in the past tense, you must use the other verb in the present tense...

You have to improve your english... :mrgreen:

Yeah... But I have seen this detail now... At the time, I was, er..., sleepy! :mrgreen:

::::Oromë84 disse:
someone once told me that americans usually accept slang in their grammar. after using it wrong for a while.. it becomes right. its much easier that way.

here we arent so open to new linguistic experiences. lol

(my english is veeeeeeery rusty. :disgusti: :( )

Well.. not just in English, but it happens with every language. Where do u think "você" came from? It happens with every language. :wink:

The British Englsih sounds much better for my ears, but the american has a much easier pronounce... At least to me because of my english education that has always been with the american one. :|

USA is the most powerfull country in the world.
England isn't the world power...
Bush's dog has a special name: Blair. Tony Blair.
But...

What's my point?

Talk the American English is better than talk the British English. At least for me...

Ristow disse:
Rousoku disse:
Oh, ok.

It makes sense, but I heared a different story. Obviously it's just a legend, but you may think it interesting:

In a past war (I don't remember witch nations were fighting to each other), when an army won a battle, the soldiers wrote in a huge wall this: "O.K", that meaned "ZERO KILL". It was a message from the winner army proclaiming victory, declaring it was all right. Later, people started to use this expression for everything, even to say "Yes".

Cool, huh? :lol:

No nations were fighting each other, Ristow. :roll:

The code was created in the United States Civil War. :lily:

Clarice Starling disse:
Talk the American English is better than talk the British English. At least for me...

I agree. Not only to talk but also to listen (sometimes).

By the way, Italians and Arabians usually speak English with a strong accent, very hard to understand. It's funny to see them on CNN. :mrgreen:

Hobbit_de_Cueca disse:
Clarice Starling disse:

By the way, Italians and Arabians usually speak English with a strong accent, very hard to understand. It's funny to see them on CNN. :mrgreen:
Italians-a always-a put-a an "A" after-a the words-a they speak-a. It's-a very funny-a.

Tírion Extraordinaire disse:
Hobbit_de_Cueca disse:
Clarice Starling disse:

Italians-a always-a put-a an "A" after-a the words-a they speak-a. It's-a very funny-a.

The greeks have a very funny accent! They pronunciate the "R" very different! I have noticed this after seeing "My big, fat, greek wedding" ("Casamento Grego").

It's quite strange listening to a Eastern European talking in English!
You can see it in a very funny way in a Jim Carrey movie called Man on the Moon! In portuguese, O Mundo de Andy... Great movie!!!

Valinor 2023

Total arrecadado
R$2.434,79
Termina em:
Back