• Caro Visitante, por que não gastar alguns segundos e criar uma Conta no Fórum Valinor? Desta forma, além de não ver este aviso novamente, poderá participar de nossa comunidade, inserir suas opiniões e sugestões, fazendo parte deste que é um maiores Fóruns de Discussão do Brasil! Aproveite e cadastre-se já!

Artista dinamarquês intimado a devolver €67.000 a museu após entregar telas em branco

dermeister

Ent cara-de-pau
A história é muito, muito boba mas me rendeu umas risadas agora há pouco: basicamente um artista modernoso vendeu para um museu a ideia de uma obra comparando as rendas anuais médias de cidadãos dinamarqueses e austríacos, colando cédulas reais nas telas (arte moderna, né?). O museu só precisava emprestar o dinheiro e, bom, só pelo título do tópico vocês já sabem no que deu :rofl:

Para garantir uma entradinha na lista de Refúgio na Audácia do TV Tropes o artista, ao entregar obra, disse que ela agora se chamava "Pegue o dinheiro e fuja" ... os curadores acharam engraçado e até ensaiaram umas leituras criativas para o guia da exposição (de novo, arte moderna), mas a administração não gostou e despachou o processinho pro autor -- que já tinha gastado o dinheiro.

Ao menos não usaram a grana para comprar uma tela do Basquiat :D

E agora as fontes porque nessa casa se leva a besteira a sério:

NPR disse:
A Danish artist has been ordered to repay a museum after delivering blank canvases
September 18, 20235:23 PM ET

Laurel Wamsley

In autumn 2021, a Danish museum opened two large crates to inspect two works it had commissioned from the artist Jens Haaning.

But when museum staff pulled out the canvases — a new work the artist had informed the museum was titled Take the Money and Run -- the canvases were completely blank.

The museum, the Kunsten Museum of Modern Art in Aalborg, had given Haaning a loan of 532,549 Danish krone, the equivalent of about $76,400. The money was to be used to recreate two earlier works by Haaning that depicted — in actual cold, hard cash affixed to canvas in a frame — the average annual income of a Dane and an Austrian, and the sizable gap between them, reflecting wage differences within the European Union.

Now, Haaning has been ordered by a Copenhagen court to repay most of the money — approximately $70,600 — as well as the equivalent of an additional $11,000 in legal fees.

"I am shocked, but at the same time it is exactly what I have imagined," Haaning told Danish public broadcaster DR on Monday.

"We are not a wealthy museum," Lasse Andersson, the museum's director, told The Guardian in 2021, explaining that the money came from reserves earmarked for the building's upkeep. "We have to think carefully about how we spend our funds, and we don't spend more than we can afford."

The court's judgment deducted roughly $5,700 from the full loan amount to serve as Haaning's artist's fee and viewing fee, since the museum nonetheless exhibited the blank canvases in its "Work It Out" show.

The Kunsten Museum's curators appeared to fully understand Haaning's meaning.

"Haaning's new work Take the Money and Run is also a recognition that works of art, despite intentions to the contrary, are part of a capitalist system that values a work based on some arbitrary conditions," the museum says in its exhibition guide. "Even the missing money in the work has a monetary value when it is called art and thus shows how the value of money is an abstract quantity."

Haaning now appears to be in a bit of a pickle, as he says that he doesn't have the money to repay the museum.

"It has been good for my work, but it also puts me in an unmanageable situation where I don't really know what to do," the artist told DR.
Fonte: https://www.npr.org/2023/09/18/1200...-blank-canvases-ordered-to-repay-loan-kunsten (mirror)

BBC disse:
Danish artist told to repay museum €67,000 after turning in blank canvasses

By Alex Smith
BBC News

A Danish artist has been ordered to return nearly 500,000 kroner ($72,000; £58,000) to a museum after giving it two blank canvasses for a project he named Take the Money and Run.

The Kunsten Museum in Aalborg had intended for Jens Haaning to embed the banknotes in two pieces of art in 2021.

Instead, he gave it blank canvasses and then told dr.dk: "The work is that I have taken their money."

A court has now ordered him to return the cash - but keep some for expenses.

The art project was intended as a statement on salaries in Denmark and Austria.

The museum asked for the artist to return all the money, around 534,000 kroner - but Mr Haaning refused.

Now, after a long legal battle, a Copenhagen court on Monday ordered Mr Haaning, 58, to refund the museum 492,549 kroner.

That figure, it said, was equivalent to the sum the museum had given him minus the artist's fee and the cost of mounting.

Museum director Lasse Andersson said that he had laughed out loud when he first saw the two blank canvasses in 2021, and decided to show the works anyway.

"He stirred up my curatorial staff and he also stirred me up a bit, but I also had a laugh because it was really humoristic," the museum's director, Lasse Andersson, told the BBC's Newsday programme in 2021.

After the judgment, Mr Haaning told dr.dk that he did not plan taking the case any further.

"It has been good for my work, but it also puts me in an unmanageable situation where I don't really know what to do."

He told TV2 Nord on Monday the museum had made "much, much more" money than what it invested thanks to the publicity surrounding the affair.
Fonte: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66847139 (mirror)

Edit 17:51: typo.

Última edição:

Valinor 2023

Total arrecadado
R$2.434,79
Termina em:
Back