• Caro Visitante, por que não gastar alguns segundos e criar uma Conta no Fórum Valinor? Desta forma, além de não ver este aviso novamente, poderá participar de nossa comunidade, inserir suas opiniões e sugestões, fazendo parte deste que é um maiores Fóruns de Discussão do Brasil! Aproveite e cadastre-se já!

Clube de Leitura 1º conto - O chamado de Cthulhu (H.P. Lovecraft)

Então, quer dizer que Moorcock acha que O SENHOR DOS ANÉIS é o URSINHO POOH fingindo ser um épico? Maldoso o garoto. Sinto uma pontinha de inveja aí.

Li alguma coisa do Elric. É legal, mas não é propriamente inesquecível.

Eu desconfio que parte dos elementos "lovecraftianos" de Tolkien entraram no Legendarium via "filtragem" da porção "cthulhiana" da obra de Robert E. Howard. Nomes como "Bahadur" e "Gol Goroth" foram aparecer na obra de Howard nos anos 30, inclusive em conto republicado na Inglaterra (The Black Stone* republicada na série "Not at Night"), e logo ou um pouco depois, correspondentes suspeitamente similares despontaram na obra de Tolkien como "Barâd Dur" e "Gorgoroth" (embora Gorgoroth possa ter sido desdobramento natural paralelo de Tolkien feito até antes, parece que já fazia parte do Lays of Beleriand escrito entre 1926 e 1931, nas formas Corgoroth e Gorgorath, justamente o ano em que "Gol Goroth" apareceu nos contos de Howard).

*a própria black stone pode ter influenciado a pedra negra de Erech no Senhor dos Anéis, até pq o uso da pedra lá coloca um paralelo grande entre os "vermes da terra" de outro conto de Howard tb publicado na Inglaterra e os "mortos de Dunharrow", invocados de forma similar nas obras dos dois autores.

Inclusive a semelhança temática, atmosférica e conceitual entre The Notion Club Papers, o The Lost Road de Tolkien repaginado em 1945 e esse conto de Robert E Howard publicado em 1931, "As Crianças da Noite" me faz crer realmente bastante nessa possibilidade. Gol-Goroth é mencionado nesse conto tb

I saw a shambles. Five men lay there—at least, what had been five men. Now as I marked the abhorrent mutilations my soul sickened. And about clustered the—Things. Humans they were, of a sort, though I did not consider them so. They were short and stocky, with broad heads too large for their scrawny bodies. Their hair was snaky and stringy, their faces broad and square, with flat noses, hideously slanted eyes, a thin gash for a mouth, and pointed ears. They wore the skins of beasts, as did I, but these hides were but crudely dressed. They bore small bows and flint-tipped arrows, flint knives and cudgels. And they conversed in a speech as hideous as themselves, a hissing, reptilian speech that filled me with dread and loathing.

Reparar como essa passagem é reverberada na descrição que Tolkien fez dos Orcs na carta de 1958:

In 1958 Tolkien responded to a film proposal that treated his orcs as fantasy creatures with “beaks and feathers.” Correcting this imagery, he wrote to describe his orcs as “squat, broad, flat-nosed, sallow-skinned, with wide mouths and slant eyes: in fact degraded and repulsive versions of the (to Europeans) least lovely Mongol-types.”[2] This passage has received a good deal of attention from Tolkien scholars and fans. Some readers assume that Tolkien had Mongols in mind, but in Britain during the first half of the 20th century “Mongol-types” referred to a specific racial grouping – one popular scheme divided humankind into Caucasoids, Negroids, and Mongoloids.

Última edição:

Última edição:

Última edição:
O link pro roteiro escrito pelo recém falecido Michael Reaves (criador da Caverna do Dragão) pro episódio de Caça-Fantasmas onde eles peitaram o Cthulhu.

Preface to
"THE COLLECT CALL
OF CTHULHU"

I've had a number of requests from people wanting to know how they could read a copy of this script. I figured the easiest way to deal with the requests was to post it, so here it is.

I wrote "The Collect Call Of Cthulhu" in 1986 for the animated TV series The Real Ghostbusters. Those familiar with the works of H.P. Lovecraft will recognize it as a parody of his story "The Call Of Cthulhu", written in 1928 for Weird Tales Magazine. The episode is a tongue-in-cheek collision between the Ghostbusters team and Lovecraft's famous "Cthulhu Mythos". What aired is pretty much what I wrote, save for some character beats that were cut for time. (Aficionados of the genre will recognize references to Lovecraft Circle members Clark Ashton Smith, August Derelith and Robert E. Howard, as well as more contemporary Mythos writers Karl Edward Wagner and T.E.D. Klein -- the latter sent me a note asking if I could guarantee him tenure at Miskatonic University.)

I'm reasonably pleased with the final product, except for two rather glaring inaccuracies -- the title card reads "The Collect Call Of Cathulu" and the model design for the Big Guy himself isn't even remotely accurate -- he's red instead of green and has too many arms, legs and eyes, among other things. But hey, that's show biz. (Oddly enough, in the reviews I've seen of the episode done by Cthulhu-philes -- and there have been a fair number of them -- no one has ever complained about the latter gaffe. Possibly they were too stunned to notice by that point.) On the plus side, it's rather well animated, given the budget, and reasonably well acted. Whether you've seen the episode or not, I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it.

By the way, do any of you out there remember why the show was called The Real Ghostbusters," when the title of the movie it was based on was just Ghostbusters? Well, I'll tell you. Let's set the Wayback Machine for 1975, the year when Filmation Associates produced a live-action Saturday morning kids' show called The Ghost Busters. It starred Larry Storch, Forrest Tucker, and Bob Burns in an ape suit. The only thing remotely clever about it was that the ape was named "Tracy" (Storch being "Eddie Spenser" and Tucker being "Jake Kong." If you're too young to know why that was funny, I can't help you.) It ran for one season on CBS. Now we flash forward to 1984, and the production of the first Ghostbusters film. Columbia found out late in the shoot that Filmation still had the rights to the name "Ghost Busters" and paid for permission to use it on the feature. Filmation, however, hung onto the animation rights, and when the movie became a mega-hit, promptly tried to cash in by producing an animated sequel to their '75 series. (It was godawful; not even a decent cast that included Sue Blu and Alan Oppenheimer could help. Which isn't surprising, considering that this was the studio that gave the world Gilligan's Planet and Uncle Croc's Bloc). So Columbia had to title their animated series The Real Ghostbusters (which it proved to be, racking up an eventual 140 episodes on ABC and in syndication, not to mention spawning the spin-off series, Slimer).

Click here to read "The Collect Call Of Cthulhu" You'll need to have Adobe Reader installed on your computer. If you don't, click here to download it for free.
E o próprio episódio aí em português:

Última edição:

Valinor 2023

Total arrecadado
R$2.434,79
Termina em:
Back