• Caro Visitante, por que não gastar alguns segundos e criar uma Conta no Fórum Valinor? Desta forma, além de não ver este aviso novamente, poderá participar de nossa comunidade, inserir suas opiniões e sugestões, fazendo parte deste que é um maiores Fóruns de Discussão do Brasil! Aproveite e cadastre-se já!

Star Wars: Rogue One (2016)

Que nota você dá para o filme?

• Total de votantes
Isso dá uma ideia da extensão das mudanças em relação ao roteiro original e relembra todas aquelas especulações feitas quando anunciaram os reshoots. Não sei se essas mudanças foram para deixar o filme mais sério, mais acessível (argh), mais rápido ou simplesmente só para corrigir coisas que não funcionaram bem, mas essa última possibilidade me parece a menos provável -- como que alguém encarando um TIE fighter não funcionaria bem? -- Se bem que Hollywood já adotou um padrão de fazer reshoots depois do raw cut ou das exibições de teste...

Isso dá uma ideia da extensão das mudanças em relação ao roteiro original e relembra todas aquelas especulações feitas quando anunciaram os reshoots. Não sei se essas mudanças foram para deixar o filme mais sério, mais acessível (argh), mais rápido ou simplesmente só para corrigir coisas que não funcionaram bem, mas essa última possibilidade me parece a menos provável -- como que alguém encarando um TIE fighter não funcionaria bem? -- Se bem que Hollywood já adotou um padrão de fazer reshoots depois do raw cut ou das exibições de teste...
A história da Jyn foi com certeza afetada por essas mudanças. Nos primeiros trailers as atitudes e falas mostravam que ela seria bem diferente da versão final. Inclusive a reclamação que vi por ai que era uma protagonista fraca deve ter a ver com essa mudança de tom com relação ela.

• Curtir
Reactions: b77
Uma falha que identifiquei é que no ep. IV a estrela da morte era uma arma ainda não testada, mas no Rogue One ela é utilizada...

Eu entendi que logo após a estrela da morte ter sido usada em Jedha, o general diz que avisaram o Senado de que foi uma erupção que destruiu o planeta (isso pra esconder a estrela da morte até eles verificarem se estava tudo certo mesmo).
Agora quanto a Scarif...
E não justifica muito também, porque os rebeldes a viram em ação mesmo...

• Curtir
Eu entendi que logo após a estrela da morte ter sido usada em Jedha, o general diz que avisaram o Senado de que foi uma erupção que destruiu o planeta (isso pra esconder a estrela da morte até eles verificarem se estava tudo certo mesmo).
Agora quanto a Scarif...
E não justifica muito também, porque os rebeldes a viram em ação mesmo...

Mas em nenhum dos dois foi usado a potência máxima. Logo, Alderran serviu pra testar a arma com sua máxima potência.

‘Rogue One’ Team Talk TV Show Origins, The Original Pitch, Moving Away From The “Familiar Elements” Of ‘Force Awakens,’ More
Kevin Jagernauth
December 27, 2016 11:58 am

You might think every corner has been mined when it comes to “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,” and every kernel of information turned over and inside out, but you’d be wrong. Empire has just unleashed a massive, four-part look at the making of the movie as told by the filmmakers and cast behind the movie. Some of the information might be old, some might be new, but the perspectives are as fascinating as ever, and below we’ve picked out some choice morsels, but be sure to check out the full piece.

“Rogue One” started as a TV idea
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, George Lucas had been dreaming of a way to bring “Star Wars” to TV (and that idea could still be alive), and it’s where ‘Rogue One’ first started percolating.

“It started way, way back… It was summer, 2003, when we were shooting ‘Episode III‘ in Sydney and I’d heard George [Lucas] and Rick [McCallum] were developing a live-action ‘Star Wars’ TV show [‘Star Wars: Underworld‘]. I started thinking, ‘What kind of fun stories could you tell in a live-action TV show?’ and one of the thoughts I had was doing a sort of a ‘Mission: Impossible‘-style break-in to the most secure facility of the Empire, to steal the Death Star plans,” VFX supervision and ILM Chief Creative Officer John Knoll said. “A day or two later I was chatting with Rick and I asked him about this live-action show and he told me about the era that it took place, and what the themes were and I realized that my idea had no place in his show, so I just dropped it entirely. I didn’t really return to it until after Kathy [Kennedy] came on board [as President of Lucasfilm] and there was the announcement of the new slate of films, including these stand-alone stories.”

But once he revisited the idea, that’s when it really began to expand.

“I had written up a six- or seven-page treatment and I pitched it to Kathy and Kiri Hart, who is the head of Lucasfilm story. It was probably a 45-minute meeting where I went through the story in detail, who the characters were, what themes we were trying to tackle with the film, and at the end of it I got a very polite, ‘Well I’m impressed, that’s very good. Thanks.’ And so I left and I didn’t hear anything for a week or so and I thought, ‘All right, well at least I did the pitch, so I won’t ever wonder now what would have happened if I hadn’t…’ But about a week later I got a mail from Kiri that said, “You know, we think we may wanna proceed with this.” And then it gradually snowballed into what we have today,” Knoll said.

“The broad strokes have all been as I originally pitched, but many of the details have changed,” he added. “Some characters have gone, new ones have been added, and some of the mechanics of how the plot unfolds are now different. Mostly in the interest of making it bigger and more epic. Because when we’d originally talked about the stand-alone movies versus the numbered episodes, the numbered episodes were the big-budget things and the ‘Star Wars’ stories were supposed to be the smaller, scrappier lower-budget kinds of things. So bearing that in mind, in the pitch I had gone for something that could be made on a lower budget. As the story developed it got more and more epic, and I like to think that we have every bit as much production value as you’ll see in the numbered movies. This won’t feel like it’s a lower budget smaller thing. It’s a big tent-pole.”

When Gareth Edwards got the call, he had two options to choose from
However, it seems Lucasfilm had a few irons in the fire, and when they contacted Gareth Edwards, the director was given a couple choices.

“I was in the middle of doing post on ‘Godzilla‘ when I got an email request: ‘Could you come and meet Kiri, just for a chat?’ And I thought, ‘This might be about Star Wars so I guess I should.’ I was exhausted from finishing ‘Godzilla,’ so I wasn’t going in like, ‘Oh please, please hire me!’ I just wanted a break, so it was probably the perfect conditions to meet people, ‘cos it was just a chat. I was thinking, ‘Oh they’re meeting 10,000 people, I’m number 9,998.’ So we chatted and it went really well and that was that,” the director explained.

“And she sent me an email with two ideas attached to it. One of them was really cool, but it wasn’t for me. Maybe that’ll pop up at some point. But the other idea was what John Knoll had written, and I thought, ‘Hang on, whoah, is this sacrilegious? Is this hallowed turf? Is this an accident? Did they send me the wrong document?’ And then I said I’d love to be involved,” Edwards added.

We really wonder what that other idea was, though….

Gareth Edwards and Riz Ahmed explain how Bodhi evolved during the making of ‘Rogue One’
The director and actor have previously discussed how much Bodhi changed as filming continued on the movie, and if there was any doubt, they address the topic again.

“Bodhi started out a little bit like Dustin Hoffman‘s character in ‘Papillion.’ That’s why he’s got the goggles on his head. And a little bit Dennis Hopper in ‘Apocalypse Now‘ — you know the guy who accidentally ended up somewhere really bad…,” Edwards said.

“He evolved quite a lot through the pre-production stage and also even through the shoot and then the reshoots,” Ahmed explained. “There was a lot of talking and developing things and revisiting things. Ultimately the Bodhi we’ve arrived at is an everyman who finds himself thrust into the middle of historic events, in a troupe of tough guys and girl, so he’s someone who is rightly frazzled and disconcerted by what they’re gonna be up against.”

“To be honest, Bodhi just grew and grew in the film because Riz was so good. It was like, ‘I wanna see Bodhi more and more,’ so we just kept adding and adding him. I’m probably a closer to Bodhi [than any other character], in that he’s ‘this is all crazy, and what am I doing here?’ Though when you watch the film you’ll probably want to be more like Cassian,” the director added.

Kathleen Kennedy wants more Saw Gerrera
The extensive reshoots seem to have curtailed Forest Whitaker‘s role as Saw Gerrera the most, but it seems that Lucasfilm aren’t done with the character just yet, which isn’t a surprise given how much he connects to key “Star Wars” lore.

“He’s a battered war veteran who has fashioned himself as a freedom fighter. But because they need to make sure that they need to win this battle, he starts to take more extreme points of view,” Whitaker said about his character. “So a lot of the other rebel fighters won’t associate with him, and consider Saw as an extremist in the fight against the Empire. All that back story he has — he trained with Anakin Skywalker, Obi-wan Kenobi and Padawan Tano, you know — really blends in beautifully with where we meet him [in ‘Rogue One’]. Which is more of a war-torn veteran, suffering and injured from battles and wars.”

It’s all cool stuff, but Kathleen Kennedy concedes it just couldn’t find a way into the movie.

“To be honest, we originally thought we were going to develop Saw into something much larger, but we couldn’t accommodate it. So he is not in the movie as much as we would like to have him in the movie, which creates the opportunity to explore his character even further in our future development,” she added.

For now, Whitaker will revive Saw Gerrera on “Star Wars Rebels,” but there seems to be a hint we’ll be seeing him more on the big screen too. Perhaps in other spinoff films?

Breaking free from the familiar
One of the common knocks against “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” was that it felt like a rehash of elements from the original trilogy. Director J.J. Abrams has admitted that was very much by design, but the goal of ‘Rogue One’ was try and buck against the expected.

“I think it’s good that ‘Rogue One’ is the first of these ‘Star Wars’ stories. Episode VII had a lot of very familiar elements and I think some of the choices that were made there were oriented towards reassuring people that, yes we can get the fun of the original ‘Star Wars ‘ movies back,” Knoll said. “But I think now that statement’s been made and we’ve had that success, we can be a little brave now with going to places that we’ve never seen before and doing tonal experiments.”

Read the full Empire piece right here for much more.

Fonte: http://theplaylist.net/rogue-one-te...way-familiar-elements-force-awakens-20161227/

Acho que não há incongruência com o uso dá DS I, pois ela é testada apenas com capacidade reduzida. Ela só é terminada no EP IV é testada em capacidade total na destruição de Alderaan.

Também percebi nos trailers e Majin of várias cenas que não saíram no filme. Acho que eles fizeram pra esconder dos fans.

Pra mim o filme foi bem mais equilibrado que o EP VII, só me deixou a desejar a falta da música típica de SW. Outro ponto que achei fraco foi que falaram muito no ponto fraco da DS I. Isso podia ter ficado pro EP IV, guardado o mistério pra hora certa, como "Vader ser pai de Luke", só ficamos sabendo no V.

Tarkin ficou impressionante, empolgante foram as cenas do mergulhos dos X-Wing, do hangar Massassi, da Tantives, de Vader e Leia. A cara de Star Wars.

A entrada dos rebeldes na torre foi muito bem orquestrada, não sobra gosto duvidoso aos fans na manobra. No VII já foi muito fraco o desenvolver da trama.

Foras as criticas gostei do filme e assisti duas vezes.
** Posts duplicados combinados **
Paladim, o Império contava com a destruição dos rebeldes, por isso assumiram o risco. Mas os rebeldes escaparam.

E agora pessoal, que outros detalhes do EP IV poderiam ser feito deles spin offs?

- a preparação da missão "diplomática" da princesa
- de onde teria vindo Han Solo
- a relação entre Vader é o Imperador após o roubo dos planos

Apontem mais motivos pessoal.

Acho que não há incongruência com o uso dá DS I, pois ela é testada apenas com capacidade reduzida. Ela só é terminada no EP IV é testada em capacidade total na destruição de Alderaan.

A impressão que tive assistindo novamente ao IV foi a de que não faziam ideia de quais os efeitos da arma, ou seja, quando falaram não foi testada, seria no sentido de nunca foi acionada sequer. Entretanto, como no Rogue One o filme poderia ficar mais "pobre" sem a utilização da DS I, eu também concordo com essa interpretação de que seria teste parcial, mas consciente de que é uma mudança de interpretação, como já houve em outras questões pontuais na saga.

Outro ponto que achei fraco foi que falaram muito no ponto fraco da DS I. Isso podia ter ficado pro EP IV, guardado o mistério pra hora certa, como "Vader ser pai de Luke", só ficamos sabendo no V.

Na verdade não havia mais mistério né, pois o IV foi exibido antes rs. Brincadeiras a parte, entendo seu ponto de vista e concordo, acrescentando que ficou até um pouco forçado falarem tanto sobre o ponto fraco. Isso deveria ser uma informação muito restrita.

Entretanto, entendo os motivos disso acontecer assim no Rogue One. Como agora são filmes da Disney, eles trabalham para atingir também um público que não é tão fã de longa data de SW. Então, eles têm que pensar cada filme (ou pelo menos esses primeiros filmes e Spin Offs) como se fossem de certa forma independentes da saga antiga, para que seja compreensível ao público iniciante.

• Curtir
Eu não entendi uma coisa. Preciso assistir novamente para entender.

A Mon Mothma e o Bail Organa se referem ao Obi-Wan e a Leia para levarem os planos, mas isso foi ANTES deles serem informados que os rebeldes estavam indo para Scarfin.
Ao que eles estavam se referindo?

• Curtir
‘Rogue One’ Editors Talk Cutting & Changing The ‘Star Wars’ Spinoff, Deleted Scenes & More
Kevin Jagernauth
January 3, 2017 9:36 am

Who would’ve thought a year ago that the most fascinating interview to come out of “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” (besides every interview with bro-mantic buds Mads Mikkelsen and Ben Mendelsohn) would be with the team of editors who cut the movie? But given the massive overhaul the film underwent during its extensive reshoots this summer, Yahoo‘s conversation with two of the film’s three editors, John Gilroy (given the final Editor credit on ‘Rogue One,’ and brother of Tony Gilroy, the screenwriter and director who led the reshoots) and Colin Goudie (director Gareth Edwards‘ cutter on “Monsters“), is tremendously illuminating. The whole thing is worth a read, but here are some noteworthy highlights:

An early story reel cut with scenes from other movies helped establish the tempo of ‘Rogue One.’

Colin Goudie: For example the sequence of them breaking into the vault I was ripping the big door closing in ‘Wargames’ to work out how long does a vault door take to close.

So that’s what I did and that was three months work to do that and that had captions at the bottom which explained the action that was going to be taking place, and two thirds of the screen was filled with the concept art that had already been done and one quarter, the bottom corner, was the little movie clip to give you how long that scene would actually take.

Then I used dialogue from other movies to give you a sense of how long it would take in other films for someone to be interrogated. So for instance, when Jyn gets interrogated at the beginning of the film by the Rebel council, I used the scene where Ripley gets interrogated in ‘Aliens.’

So you get an idea of what movies usually do.

There’s no extended cut of ‘Rogue One.’

Colin Goudie: [The assembly] was not much longer than the finished film. I think the first assembly was not far off actual release length. Maybe 10 minutes longer? I genuinely can’t remember because that was nearly a year ago now. There’s no mythical four hour cut, it doesn’t exist.

Jyn’s introduction was one of the big changes to ‘Rogue One.’

John Gilroy: The scene with Cassian’s introduction with the spy, Bodhi traipsing through Jedha on his way to see Saw, these are things that were added. Also Jyn [Jyn Erso, the reluctant leader of the film, played by Felicity Jones], how we set her up and her escape from the transporter, that was all done to set up the story better.

Colin Goudie: The point with the opening scenes that John was just describing was that the introductions in the opening scene, in the prologue, was always the same. Jyn’s just a little girl, so when you see her as an adult what you saw initially was her in a meeting. That’s not a nice introduction.

So having her in prison and then a prison break out, with Cassian on a mission… everybody was a bit more ballsy, or a bit more exciting, and a bit more interesting.

They got there eventually in the film, but this way we came in on the ground running, which was better.

The third act was also massively overhauled.

John Gilroy: It changed quite a bit. The third act has a lot going on. You have like seven different action venues, the mechanics of the act changed quite a bit in terms of the characters, and I don’t want to go into too much detail about what had been there before, but it was different.

We moved some of the things that our heroes did, they were different in the original then they were as it was conceived.

Yes, there are deleted scenes.

Colin Goudie: There’s a handful that if people see them they’ll be like ‘oh that’s interesting’, but I don’t think there’s anything whereby you’d be like ‘why did they cut that out?’

The editors played with using transition wipes in ‘Rogue One’ to match the original ‘Star Wars.’

Colin Goudie: I think we used all those original wipes and we temped [a temporary soundtrack] it with John Williams as well, and it would feel right. Like when we did the original story reels, I was using footage from other movies, so having those wipes and having the John Williams score helped with making the hodgepodge of shots I’d put together feel like what we were aiming for.

Once we actually got in everything we’d shot, we no longer needed those things and I was initially sad to see the transitions go, but then when I watch the final film, I don’t miss them, because it feels like a different beast.

It feels familiar but at the same time fresh.

It’ll be interesting to see how much of the editing process and what, if any, of the pre-reshoot scenes of ‘Rogue One’ pop up on the home video release. For now, ‘Rogue One’ is playing everywhere, and be sure to read the full Yahoo piece.

Fonte: http://theplaylist.net/rogue-one-ed...ng-star-wars-spinoff-deleted-scenes-20170103/

• Curtir
Cailo,
Bail fala em contactar Obi Wan quando o esquadrão Rogue voou para Eadu. Jim estava tentando salvar o pai em Eadu nesse momento.
Como o pai tinha o segredo, e se tratava de uma superarma, então Bail resolveu chamar Obi Wan. Parece que nesse momento tinha chegado a mensagem de o grupo ir de Eadu para Scarif.
Achei que teve muita coisa boa. Doctor Evazan em Jedha, os rogues originais, um ambiente parecido com as vias de Tatooine, os X-wings, os crentes na Força, os Y-wings, a fragata Nebulon, os Mon Calamari, o templo Massassi, os troopers, os oficiais imperiais, o ambiente dentro do destróier imperial, Vader, a relação pai-filho de Galen e Jun Erso, os andadores, batalhas no espaço. É a velha cara de SW que estamos acostumados

Saw Guerrera parece com o personagem vilão do último Mad Max.

Senti falta do resumo de abertura e da música de SW na abertura. O filme saiu rolando e de repente apareceu bem rápido o título sem o resumo. Esperava mais que isso.

O final foi bem duro, com os personagens ficando sem perspectiva de continuarem na saga.

------------------------------------
O que conecta R1 ao EP IV ?

- Obi Wan estava escondido em Tatooine, mas em contato com a Força

- Yoda estava em Dantoine (até aqui nada demais)

- A Princesa Leia já vinha sendo caçada por Darth Vader

- Tarkin estava comandando a DS 1

- Os rebeldes tinham a base em Yavin IV. Operavam X-wings e Y-wings no EP IV.

- Os droids foram embarcados na Tantives IV.

- Havia rumores de que a Aliança Rebelde havia implantado espiões no Império e com sua ajuda, roubado os planos da destruição da DS 1.

- O Imperador pensava que todos os Jedi já tivessem sido eliminados, embora tivesse idéia de Yoda e Obi Wan estarem vivos

- A presença do Império era feita com a imposição do medo, em vários planetas

- Os droids C-3PO E R2-D2 já vinham com a Aliança desde um certo tempo

O que mais acrescentar ?

A questão dos droids R2-D2 e C-3PO é que os rogues saíram pra combater em Eadu e os droids ficaram - é o ponto onde eles aparecem no filme.
Como a princesa foi designada por Bail para contactar com Obi Wan, então os droids seguiram com ela.
Publicação do site Adorocinema

http://www.adorocinema.com/filmes/filme-218395/criticas-adorocinema/

Curiosidades
http://www.adorocinema.com/filmes/filme-218395/curiosidades/
R1 Star Wars 3.5/2 Opening Crawl feito por um fã

Valinor 2023

Total arrecadado
R$2.434,79
Termina em:
Back