• Caro Visitante, por que não gastar alguns segundos e criar uma Conta no Fórum Valinor? Desta forma, além de não ver este aviso novamente, poderá participar de nossa comunidade, inserir suas opiniões e sugestões, fazendo parte deste que é um maiores Fóruns de Discussão do Brasil! Aproveite e cadastre-se já!

Star Wars: Rogue One (2016)

Que nota você dá para o filme?

• Total de votantes
Watch a half hour documentary on the sound of Star Wars Rogue One
Peter KirnMarch 29, 2017

For lovers of sound design – cinematic or otherwise – Star Wars is always good reason to nerd out. But Rogue One is something different, as the first film to be a standalone or spinoff. On the music side, it meant a new composer who wasn’t John Williams (Michael Giacchino). But perhaps the less known story is that sound, too, got a new direction.

Filling the shoes of Ben Burtt is no easy task. There’s probably no Hollywood sound creator better known than Burtt. And as with any Star Wars film, you have the unique challenge of trying to do foley work for things that don’t exist in the real world.

But here’s where Star Wars has given us a legacy. Even though computer tech gives you the theoretical ability to produce any sound you can imagine, that doesn’t mean it’s the easiest or most artistically satisfying route to making a sound. And the unique talent of Skywalker Sound for finding sounds in the real world is one that can impact just about anyone working in sound – whether you’re imagining a scifi robot or just an interesting drum kit.

All of this means that Sound on Sound have given us a terrific watch. They spend half an hour speaking to the men and women who gave us Rogue One sound.

So what you get are details like how to do foley for Stormtroopers and how a combination of real/processed, recorded/digitally modified sound of a door gives you a droid.

“Believability” is an interesting quality I think to musical sound, too – so in music, making something “gritty” and real on one hand, or imaginary and fanciful and even impossible on the other, gives you a spectrum of ways of playing with the mind’s perception and memory.

Also, I think it bears saying that Sound on Sound generally remains a pillar of sound recording and music technology journalism. It’s simply terrific that they’re going out and doing this, and not just product vendors. Kudos to one of the better outlets in the business. Oh yeah, and you know we’re totally jealous y’all got to go do this! (And it’s relevant to electronic music, too, as I know this film inspired a lot of us, as this dominated my social media chats and feeds over Christmastime!)

Fonte: http://cdm.link/2017/03/watch-half-hour-documentary-sound-star-wars-rogue-one/
** Posts duplicados combinados **
Rogue One's First Writer Got the Job in a Very Simple Way
Germain Lussier
Monday 3:40pm

It was a day long remembered: October 30, 2012. The day Disney announced it had bought Lucasfilm and would be releasing new Star Wars movies. Fans everywhere immediately began freaking out about the news, but one in particular saw it as an opportunity.

That person is Gary Whitta, who previously wrote The Book of Eli and After Earth before being annoucned as the first writer on the first Star Wars standalone film. “I literally went from reading the news story on my phone to calling my agent and saying ‘Oh my god you gotta throw my hat in the ring,’” Whitta told io9. “Now, I’m sure every writer in town was doing the same thing. I never seriously thought I’d get in that room.”

Get in the room he did. Whitta told us that he later was summoned to a secret, very general meeting at Lucasfilm. “There was no talk of Rogue One or Death Star plans or anything like that,” Whitta said. “Lucasfilm is a little like the CIA. They’re very, very secretive. So I had the meeting and thought, that’s it. I didn’t think anything was going to come out of it.”

It was, until, he got sent a document. In the document was John Knoll’s story pitch for what would become Rogue One, about the Rebels who stole the original Death Star plans. “I thought that was a great idea,” Whitta said. “And John is brilliant, but he’s not a screenwriter, so they needed a writer to come in and take what he started and flesh it out into a full story. Why they hired me, I still couldn’t tell you.”

He has one idea, though. It happened in the second meeting after he’d read Knoll’s document. “I told him, ‘This movie reminds me a bit of Zero Dark Thirty,’” Whitta said, citing the strong female characters, on the ground, in a war zone, on a crucially important mission. “The moment I said that I saw a bit of recognition in John. He nodded, and I thought ‘I said something right there.’”

Later, after being hired, Whitta saw the PowerPoint presentation Knoll created to pitch the idea to Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy. “There was a ton of Zero Dark Thirty footage in there,” Whitta said. “So I did say the right thing. I made the right reference, and maybe that’s one of the reasons why they felt I had the same sensibility for what the film would be as john’s original vision was.”

Though Whitta wrote the first drafts of the script, he got a “story by” credit with Knoll in the final film, while Chris Weitz and Tony Gilroy got the screenwriting credit. This doesn’t bother him, though, because he explains that with a movie this size, the more talent they can throw at it, the better.

“I think of Rogue One like a relay race,” Whitta explains. “John ran the first leg. He handed the baton to me and I ran the second leg. Then as I started to get exhausted and run out of steam I handed the baton to Chris. Then Chris runs his leg and makes his contribution, which is a huge contribution as he created Chirrut, Baze, and Bodhi, and then he takes it to Tony who takes it over the finish line.”

“You’re grateful to work with talented people,” Whitta concluded. “Plus no one knows who did what. You just see the four names on the screen.”

And for Whitta that started with nothing but a timely telephone call.

Alan Tudyk Thought the Director of Rogue One Just Wanted to Talk to Him About I, Robot
Germain Lussier
Yesterday 3:00pm

K-2SO is not the first robot Alan Tudyk has played. He also portrayed one in the 2004 Will Smith film I, Robot—and he initially thought that’s what Rogue One director Gareth Edwards wanted to talk to him about the first time they spoke.

“I just thought he was asking me for information,” Tudyk told io9. “So I just had a conversation with him like, ‘You don’t want to get yourself trapped. Whoever plays your robot, you have to give them their takes. You can’t just throw them to the side and fix it in post because you’re not going to be able to fix it in post. You’ve got to do it on set, on the day.”

“So I was telling him about being a robot and its limitations and then he tells me, when I finally meet him and he gave me the job, that one of his first films was about robots. CGI robots. I felt like such an ass.”

Tudyk also didn’t realize that the technology he was going to be able to use to play K-2SO had so vastly improved since 2004. The first time Tudyk saw what K-2SO would look like was on a visit to Industrial Light and Magic in San Francisco. He was brought to a large room and fitted with stilts, and was able to see his movements mirrored as the droid. It was in those few hours that he figured out how K-2 would move.

“It was great to get on the stilts and play with how he looked,” Tudyk said. “That’s something we didn’t have when I was doing I, Robot. It was a huge help to see what worked, what read, what didn’t read. Certain things looked comical that shouldn’t so I was able to find what worked for the digital makeup.”

Months passed after that visit before the people making K-2SO fully realized what the character was going to be.

“I don’t think I heard the voice until we got the first few shots back from [the location filming in] Jordan,” said animation supervisor Hal Hickel, who was instrumental in bringing K-2 to the big screen. “That’s when it all came together. We are working on the form of him [for a long time]. But until we got that piece it wasn’t really a character yet. It was like a prop.”

And though K-2SO is now gone, Tudyk would love to see more with the character in the future. “I’d love to do some stories with Cassian,” he said. “Figure out who they were before this movie took place. Maybe how K-2 came about. That sort of thing. Throw Krennic in there? Come on. We’ve got a movie right there!”

Valinor 2023

Total arrecadado
R$2.434,79
Termina em:
Back