• Caro Visitante, por que não gastar alguns segundos e criar uma Conta no Fórum Valinor? Desta forma, além de não ver este aviso novamente, poderá participar de nossa comunidade, inserir suas opiniões e sugestões, fazendo parte deste que é um maiores Fóruns de Discussão do Brasil! Aproveite e cadastre-se já!

O Top 10 de Neil Gaiman

Haleth

Sweet dreams
Não me perguntem como, mas encontrei isso:

We've been asking authors for the 10 books they most love to read, give and share. We're creating an Author Top 10 page so you can browse them all, but in the meantime we'll be posting them here.
Today we bring you Neil Gaiman's choice. Gaiman is currently the most popular author on the list with the most votes across his books his 2001 bestseller American Gods is currently at number 4 with Good Omens, the book he co-wrote with Terry Pratchett at number 13.

The Book of the New Sun
by Gene Wolfe -- The best science fiction novel of the last century. A four volume book about memory and truth.

Lud in the Mist by Hope Mirrlees -- My favourite fairy tale/detective novel/history/fantasy.

Archer's Goon by Diana Wynne Jones -- She was the best writer of magical children's fiction of our generation. I don't know if this is the best of her novels, but it's my favourite.

London Labour and the London Poo
r -- Henry Mayhew Like a big mad Dickens novel that just keeps going. Real life interviews with the Victorian working poor.

Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell - Susanna Clarke - it's going to be on the top 100 list, but I love it anyway. Like Jane Austen's huge lost fantasy novel abnout the return of magic to England.

Horns - Joe Hill - An immensely powerful writer. This, his second novel, is about a man who wakes up after a bad night with horns pushing out of his forehead.

253 Geoff Ryman There are 252 seats on a rush hour tube train. 253 if you include the driver. This is the story of all of them, 253-word portraits of connections and people.

Bleak House Charles Dickens - From the highest in the land to the lowest, the court of Chancery destroys lives. A wonderful read even if you don't like Spontaneous Human Combustion.

Lord of Light
Roger Zelazny - on a distant planet, far in the future, Earth Colonists rule the world as the gods of the Hindu Pantheon. One of their number becomes Buddha to fight them. A mixture of religion and adventure and science fiction.

The Man Who Was Thursday G. K. Chesterton - a police agent infiltrates the high council of anarchists in this glorious nightmare romp.

Ten books -- all in print (which did for a few other books I'd chosen first).

Tomorrow's list of ten might be completely different.

n

Se foi o Gaiman que disse, tá dito. (O que quer dizer que sou obrigado, senão a gostá-los, ao menos lê-los :P)

Será que se acham todos em português? ¬¬

Ao que me parece, após uma rápida pesquisa na Estante Virtual e no Google, os que foram traduzidos foram só esses:

* O Livro do Novo Sol, de Gene Wolfe;
* Jonathan Strange e Mr. Norrel, de Susanna Clarke;
* O Pacto, de Joe Hill;
* A Casa Soturna, de Charles Dickens;
* O Senhor da Luz, de Roger Zelazny; e
* O Homem que foi Quinta-Feira, de G. K. Chesterton.

Alguém confirma?

Rahmati disse:
Se foi o Gaiman que disse, tá dito. (O que quer dizer que sou obrigado, senão a gostá-los, ao menos lê-los :P)

Com certeza! :sim:

Também já vai tudo para a minha lista. Além de ser interessante conhecer as influências do Gaiman, os três com que já topei (The Book of the New Sun, Jonathan Strange e Lord of Light) são muito bons mesmo.

Rahmati disse:
Será que se acham todos em português? ¬¬

Vamos ver pelo Skoob:

1. Gene Wolfe: edição antiga da Europa-América, primeiro "A Sombra do Torturador";
2. Hope Mirrless: nada (mas a capa em inglês é bonitinha);
3. Diana Wynne Jones: sim! Acho que é "Vida Encantada", editora Geração;
4. Henry Mayhew: nem sinal;
5. Susanna Clarke: com certeza, vendeu bastante em 2006;
6. Joe Hill: "O Pacto", se não me engano;
7. Geoff Ryman: nope;
8. Charles Dickens: "A Casa Soturna";
9. Roger Zelazny: "O Senhor da Luz", edição antiga da Europa-América, dá para encontrar em sebos;
10. G. K. Chesterton: "O Homem Que Foi Quinta-Feira", várias edições.

Placar da disponibilidade: 7/10. Até que foi um bom resultado... ^_^

[Edit: Fizemos aí o double check, Rahmati. :lol: ]

Valinor 2023

Total arrecadado
R$2.434,79
Termina em:
Back