• Caro Visitante, por que não gastar alguns segundos e criar uma Conta no Fórum Valinor? Desta forma, além de não ver este aviso novamente, poderá participar de nossa comunidade, inserir suas opiniões e sugestões, fazendo parte deste que é um maiores Fóruns de Discussão do Brasil! Aproveite e cadastre-se já!

Star Wars: Rogue One (2016)

Que nota você dá para o filme?

• Total de votantes
How Darth Vader Got His Groove Back in 'Rogue One' Thanks to Last-Minute Tweak
Marcus Errico
Deputy Editor, Yahoo Entertainment
Yahoo Movies January 12, 201

From the moment he burst onto the blockade runner in 1977’s Star Wars: New Hope, Darth Vader has reigned as one of the biggest, baddest, most iconic antagonists in cinema. But let’s face facts: The Sith lord has largely been coasting on reputation these past 40 years. After all, most of his big-screen career has seen the erstwhile Anakin Skywalker being alternately redeemed in third-act Return of the Jedi heroics or humanized via the prequels’ backstory, which saw him develop from whiny kid to angsty adolescent to disaffected young adult, all too easily manipulated by Palpatine along the way.

But, thanks to Rogue One, Darth Vader is back at his malevolent best, annihilating rebels with a mere flick of his wrist and flash of his lightsaber in the film’s waning moments. However, that climactic scene, which reestablishes Vader’s dark side bona fides and has quickly become a fan favorite, almost didn’t exist. According to editor John Gilroy, the badass action scene was one of the key late tweaks arising from the film’s infamous reshoots. “What was added — and it was a fantastic add — was the Vader action scene, with him boarding the ship and dispatching all those rebel soldiers,” he tells Yahoo Movies. “That was something conceptualized a little later.”

With the Star Wars standalone providing the connective tissue between Revenge of the Sith (which ends with our first glimpse of Anakin-as-Vader) and A New Hope, director Gareth Edwards always intended to bring back the dark lord. As initially conceived, though, Vader was more threat than death agent in his brief appearances — an ominous warning here, a nonlethal Force choke there.

Gilroy, who came aboard the production late in the game to help incorporate the reshoots overseen by his brother, Tony, alongside Edwards, explains how that final scene changed over the course of the summer. Reverse-engineering the opening of A New Hope, Edwards and the Rogue One screenwriters had plotted out the ending almost precisely as it was rendered onscreen: Jyn and Cassian steal the Death Star plans from the Imperial archives on the tropical planet Scarif, and, with the help of their crew, manage to beam the data to the Alliance fleet orbiting above. From there, a hard copy is passed along until it winds up in the hands of Princess Leia, with Vader in hot pursuit. “As far as I know that was always the plan… the main structure was there,” explains Gilroy.

But then the Rogue brain trust decided to up the dark-side-of-the-Force factor and allow Vader to reclaim his Sith cred, storming the Alliance flagship, wiping out the crew, and nearly preventing the plans from getting to Leia. “It was a really great punch in the arm and something I think fans wanted to see,” the editor continues, again using “fantastic” to describe the inspired addition.

As the Rogue One story was reshaped during reshoots, Vader’s earlier scenes were likewise retooled.

Because of the timing of the reshoots, a different actor was needed to don the ebony armor. Daniel Naprous wielded the lightsaber for the climactic scene, while Spencer Wilding did the chores for initial meeting between Vader and Ben Mendelsohn’s Orson Krennic. (James Earl Jones, of course, provided the Sith lord’s pipes throughout.)

As Gilroy notes, fan service was important for the filmmakers. Aside from showcasing Vader at the height of his villainous powers, the film also revealed his home base, a lair on Mustafar. The castle was based in part on unused designs legendary concept artist Ralph McQuarrie dreamed up for The Empire Strikes Back.

Até agora não assisti o vídeo com as cenas deletadas. Ma percebi umas 25 cenas nos trailers que não estão no filme.

Em Scariff Jyn e o Capitão entram no bunker. Não existe a cena deles correndo dos andadores, não existe a cena do Capitão em uma trincheira, não existe a cena de K-2SO correndo na floresta de Scariff, não existe a cena dos troopers na praia. Também não existe cena de Jyn, O Capitão e K-2SO correndo dentro da torre.
** Posts duplicados combinados **
Até agora não assisti o vídeo com as cenas deletadas. Ma percebi umas 25 cenas nos trailers que não estão no filme.

Última edição:
Falaram que o DVD e Bluray irão sair em 24 de março nos EUA. No Brasil saem em 5 de abril.

Não falam em cenas deletadas, mas se sabe que há muitas por causa das refilmagens.

Em algumas artes conceituais se vê os andadores nas baias recebendo contêineres. No filme não aparece.
Pode ser essa uma provável cena deletada.
Fala-se que em uma cena deletada o diretor Krennic teria apontado um blaster para Tarkin.
NEIDbFMNVb4cMI_2_b.jpg

Última edição:
Cenas deletadas dos trailers de Rogue One

748454810000123.jpg

Um esquadrão de Death troopers encontra uma boneca de um stormtrooper na superficie do planeta Lah'mu onde vive Galen Erso e sua familia.
No filme a cena é de outro ângulo e de dentro da gruta.

ROGUE ONE Official Teaser Trailer 1.mp4_snapshot_01.09_[2017.02.28_22.35.02].jpg

Os Death troopers incendeiam o lar de Galen Erso.
No filme os Death troopers matam a esposa Lyra Erso.

Rogue One trailer 2 – Star Wars Celebration.mp4_snapshot_01.45_[2017.02.28_22.49.29].jpg

A menina Jin Erso aparece pulando uma escarpa.
No filme ela se esconde na gruta.

ROGUE ONE Official Teaser Trailer 1.mp4_snapshot_00.09_[2017.01.08_11.27.16].jpg
ROGUE ONE Official Teaser Trailer 1.mp4_snapshot_00.12_[2017.01.08_11.27.28].jpg

No filme esta parte precede quando Jin entra no hangar do Templo Massassi em Yavin IV.

ROGUE 1 Trailer 3_snap_00.44.jpg
Em Jedha quando Jin e Cassian entram na cidade, nas ruas estreitas vêem pilotos rebeldes presos pelo Império.
No filme, nas ruas estreitas são vistos o Doctor Cornelius Evazan e Ponda Baba, os mesmos personagens da Cantina de Chalmun do Episodio IV.

Rogue One #4_snapJedha.jpg
Na aproximação para Jedha vê-se uma estátua jedi.
No filme só se percebe a estátua de outro ângulo, quando o piloto Bodhi Rook é levado à Saw Guerrera.

continua...

Rogue 1 snap0145.jpg Rogue 1 snap0152.jpg A2.jpg A3.jpg

Estes alienígenas não aparecem no filme ou aparecem em outros ângulos.

Rogue One_ Behind the Scenes _ Star Wars 2016.mp4_snapshot_00.41_[2017.02.28_23.00.37].jpg
No filme a cena da finalização da montagem do canhão aparece de dentro da ponte de comando de um ISD, com Tarkin observando.

Incomm UT-60 u-wing-04.jpg

Vemos um Incom UT-60 U-wing com os rebeldes desembarcando em Eadu. Esta cena é uma das primeiras veiculadas.
No filme, primeiro chega a EADU um Zeta-class de carga com K-2SO, Jin Erso, Cassian, Chinrut Inwe, Baze Malbus e o piloto Bodhi Rook, que cai antes de chegar aos laboratórios imperiais. Depois os rebeldes chegam em suas X-wings.

Rogue One_ Behind the Scenes _ Star Wars 2016.mp4_snapshot_01.21_[2017.02.28_23.01.31].jpg Rogue One_ Behind the Scenes _ Star Wars 2016.mp4_snapshot_01.23_[2017.02.28_23.01.51].jpg Rogue One_ Behind the Scenes _ Star Wars 2016.mp4_snapshot_03.34_[2017.02.28_23.05.09].jpg
Estas cenas aparecem no vídeo do Behind Scenes (15 min). Um X-wing aparece solitário na base do TemploMassasi em Yavin IV. A cena corta para R2-D2 girando e olhando pro X-wing. Também aparece um X-wing em atividade de reboque dentro do hangar.
No filme a cena do reboque é externa e em ângulo de 90 graus.

Rogue One snap0002.jpg
Está no trailer do Celebration Reel. Um Stormtrooper de costas numa colina em Jedha.

Rogue One snap 0047.jpg Rogue One snap 0049.jpg
No filme não aparece o Hover Tank desse ângulo e aparece de frente o comandante de tanque de assalto.

ro26.jpg

No filme quem aparece é Moff Tarkin no lugar de Krennic.

ROGUE ONE Official Teaser Trailer 1.mp4_snapshot_01.12_[2017.01.08_11.28.40].jpg
Em Scarif quando soa o alarme os agentes rebeldes infiltrados correm pelos corredores.
No filme neste momento eles estão infiltrados com roupas imperiais.

easter egg2.jpg Rogue One trailer 2 – Star Wars Celebration.mp4_snapshot_01.23_[2017.02.28_22.47.43].jpg Rogue One trailer 2 – Star Wars Celebration.mp4_snapshot_01.38_[2017.02.28_22.48.34].jpg Rogue One_ Behind the Scenes _ Star Wars 2016.mp4_snapshot_01.09_[2016.12.28_22.56.15].jpg Rogue One_ Behind the Scenes _ Star Wars 2016.mp4_snapshot_03.56_[2017.02.28_23.06.07].jpg

Nas cenas das praias de Scarif Cassian e Jin Erson são vistos correndo junto com as tropas rebeldes e lutando contra os AT-ACTs.
No filme Cassian, K-2SO e Jin estão infiltrados como se fossem agentes imperiais. Só aparecem na praia no final do filme.

Rogue One_ Behind the Scenes _ Star Wars 2016.mp4_snapshot_01.56_[2016.12.28_22.58.44].jpg
Jin Erso corre nas prais de Scariff carregando os planos da DS1

ROGUE ONE Official Teaser Trailer 3.mp4_snapshot_01.21_[2017.01.08_11.25.08].jpg ROGUE ONE Official Teaser Trailer 3.mp4_snapshot_01.25_[2017.01.08_11.25.23].jpg
Baze e Chinrrut correndo na praia.
No filme eles ficaram próximos à nave cargueira Delta-class

Rogue One trailer 2 – Star Wars Celebration.mp4_snapshot_01.27_[2017.02.28_22.47.57].jpg Rogue One_ Behind the Scenes _ Star Wars 2016.mp4_snapshot_07.57_[2016.12.28_23.13.27].jpg
Na praia de Scarif se vê por tras na areia jogada pra cima, o droide K-2SO (o dublê). Cena do video Behind the Scenes.
No filme em nenhum momento vê-se K-2SO correr, além de estar ilfiltrado na base de Scarif.

46853684651777000.jpg
Stormtroopers na praia de Scarif.
No filme eles não aparecem dentro d'água.

ro38.jpg

No filme não aparece Krennic fora da base, assim como ele sai à praia junto aos destroços do U-wing

Rogue One snap0354.jpg

Cassian nos destroços da U-wing
No filme Baze Malbus tem sua derradeira cena junto aos destroços

Rogue One snap0115.jpg
Engajamento e travamento de alvo - Canhão da DS 1
No filme aparece o painel "a la Ep IV" e a cena corta para os Imperial Gunner acionarem o canhão.

ROGUE ONE Official Teaser Trailer 3.mp4_snapshot_01.57_[2017.01.08_11.26.13].jpg

Darth Vader em frente ao painel vermelho.

Rogue One trailer 2 – Star Wars Celebration.mp4_snapshot_02.27_[2017.02.28_22.53.08].jpg

Os rebeldes correndo dentro d'água
No filme eles ficam situados junto aos campos de pouso

ROGUE ONE Official Teaser Trailer 1.mp4_snapshot_01.29_[2016.12.28_08.17.22].jpg
A cena do filme final não aparece nesse ângulo. Aparece Jin do lado de fora da câmara.

Rogue One_ Behind the Scenes _ Star Wars 2016.mp4_snapshot_03.14_[2016.12.28_23.04.16].jpg

Em cima da torre Jim fica cara à cara com um TIE Fighter.
No filme um piloto de X-wing derruba um TIE Striker que colide com a ponte onde está Jim Erso.

Última edição:
Devem ter muitas cenas deletadas que se originaram das refilmagens. Foi uma estratégia para ninguém saber do filme, de como ia se desenrolar a ação.

Mas fica o mistério - qual o fim de cada cena ? Elas ficam fora do plot ? Onde elas se encaixam no filme ? Quanto tempo a mais de cenas extras ?

GARETH EDWARDS EXPLAINS WHY WE'LL PROBABLY NEVER SEE THOSE 'ROGUE ONE' ALTERNATE SCENES
ERIK DAVIS
MARCH 14TH 2017, 10:42 AM

Much has been said about the moments from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story we've seen, just not in the actual movie. It's no secret there were a lot of decisions made on this film late in the game, and because of it there were images and footage that made it into marketing materials but never into the version that arrived in theaters.

For example, what was happening in the scene where a giant TIE fighter rises to confront Jyn Erso mere feet from where she's standing? And what about the alternate version of that big final battle on Scarif, where Jyn and some of the other rebels actually have the Death Star plans in hand as they're racing across the beach?

When Fandango sat down with director Gareth Edwards to discuss Rogue One, which arrives on digital platforms like FandangoNOW on March 24 before its Blu-ray release on April 4, we asked whether we'll ever see that alternate footage, as well as why he decided not to put any deleted scenes on the upcoming Blu-ray.

"There's not an individual scene that you can drag and drop and put on a Blu-ray," he said. "There are little things that would come and go during the process of post-production, but they're not scenes. They're more moments within the scenes, or a single shot. So it's impossible to be able to do that, and that's why the decision was made."

As for the moments like the aforementioned TIE fighter shot, Edwards explained why we won't see how that fit into the overall story. "The stuff people talk about, like what they saw in the trailer, they're not scenes you can just put on a DVD. They're moments within scenes and threads, and you pull a thread and it all changes. It was changing the whole time. It's not like there was one version and then there was this other version -- it was like this thing that incrementally evolved constantly through all of post-production and didn't stop until there was a gun at our heads and we were forced to release the movie."

When it comes to the TIE fighter shot, Edwards is remaining quiet about it for now. "Yeah, it's going to have to remain a myth because it's sort of the thing where you're trying ideas out to find the right version of the movie, and at the same time marketing is getting excited about certain shots and moments. Eventually you'll see something presented to you and you'll be like, wait a minute, this shot is no longer in the film."

Edwards added that we'll never see an alternate version of that Scarif battle for a pretty simple reason: "The visual effects were never finished on it," he said. "It's not like there's something sitting somewhere. I feel like making a film is like a sport where someone blows a whistle and that's it -- the score is what it is. And the goal is to win. If I could go back and do the film knowing what I know now, the final film would be completely different. I'd probably be willing to make Star Wars for the next ten years and never let go of it -- constantly trying to finesse and find new ideas. But at some point it stops, and it is the movie. The film that got released, I feel like that is the film, and everything else is just the process of making it."

We'll have more with Edwards as we approach the release of Rogue One on digital platforms and Blu-ray.

Fonte: https://www.fandango.com/movie-news...r-see-those-rogue-one-alternate-scenes-752032
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meu comentário: marketing é um saco. Entretanto, a explicação do Gareth não é das melhores - de um jeito ou de outro essas cenas estão acabadas, talvez seja uma boa ver o que poderia ter sido. É mais provável que elas sejam incluídas em uma edição posterior, como ocorreu com O Despertar da Força.

Meet the Actress Who Had to Don Princess Leia's Buns in Rogue One
Germain Lussier
Tuesday 12:30pm

Ingvild Deila had one of the most important roles in Rogue One, but you’ve probably never heard of her. The Norwegian actress was the person on set whose face was turned into the young Carrie Fisher’s for the film’s climactic scene. While most Star Wars actors aren’t allowed to say much about the films, Deila was sworn to total silence—she couldn’t even say she’d been hired—but now she’s finally speaking out about the role.

The UK-based actress just gave her first interview to journalist Jamie Stangroom. Here it is in its entirety but, we’ll discuss some highlights below.

[YouTube]

So if you didn’t watch the interview, Deila auditioned for the part without knowing what it was. She just was asked to speak for three minutes about something and be a specific size. It wasn’t until after she found out she got the part that she realized something was odd about it.

“I realized what was actually happening because I was sent two scenes from A New Hope, when Leia meets Vader for the first time, and the hologram monologue,” she said. “I was like ‘Oh my god is this happening?’ Those buns are big. I had the hairy buns. And I had plenty of dots all over my face, like an exotic fish. I looked very strange”

She studied the scenes for a weekend, filmed it, and then waited 18 months for the film to be released before revealing it was her under the work of ILM. In the meantime, people were talking about the film, getting excited for the film, but she was the biggest surprise in the film. She couldn’t say anything.

Stangroom asked Deila about the ethics of digitally recreating a famous actor, which was a big debate when the film was released, and she had a pretty even headed disposition about it.

“I was just thinking ‘What if it was me? How would I feel?’ If they had to pay my living relatives or something, or forced to share the money, then yeah... I mean I’m dead, I don’t care. We just need to establish a system where we do it right by their relatives or what they agreed on.”

Of course, when Deila took the role, Carrie Fisher wasn’t dead. Deila was excited to hear that Fisher liked the performance but also admits, if Fisher had passed away earlier, she may have had reservations.

“It would have been more difficult to say yes,” Deila said. “Also it depends whether she’d been informed. If she was against it then I don’t know if I would have said yes. But if she was fine with it, maybe yeah. It’s hard to know. It would have been way more complicated.”

There’s even more in the interview, including her thoughts on a potential Leia spinoff movie. You can see Deila when Rogue One hits digital March 24 and Blu-ray April 4.

Fonte: http://io9.gizmodo.com/meet-the-actress-who-had-to-don-princess-leias-buns-in-1793257284
Darth Vader's Big Rogue One Scene Barely Made It Into the Film
Katharine Trendacosta
Wednesday 12:20pm

One of the biggest highlights of Rogue One—maybe the biggest—is when the Dark Lord of the Sith boards the doomed Rebel ship that’s trying to get the Death Star plans to Princess Leia’s Tantive IV. But it turns out the scene was conceived at practically the last minute.

We know, of course, that the ending to Rogue One went through a lot of changes. We’ve seen a number of scenes from the trailer that didn’t make the final cut, and we’ve seen behind-the-scenes footage of deaths that changed completely. But the Darth Vader scene is one so full of action and effects, you’d kind of expect that it was planned out and shot far in advance.

Not so, says director Gareth Edwards in an interview with Fandango. We’ve known for a bit that the scene was added later, but Edwards shares more details, including exactly how late it was and how fast they had to film:

He arrives and obliterates the Calamari ship, and then the blockade runner gets out just in time and he pursues the blockade runner. And then [editor] Jabez [Olssen] was like, ‘I think we need to get Darth on that ship,’ and I thought, yeah, that’s a brilliant idea and would love to do it, but there’s no way they’re going to let us do it. It’s a big number and we had, what, like three or four months before release. Kathy [Kennedy] came in and Jabez thought, fuck it, and pitched her this idea, and she loved it. Suddenly within a week or two, we were at Pinewood shooting that scene.

Only four months before the release date and only at most two weeks to plan! That’s pretty ridiculous.

A persistent rumor has been that the original ending had Darth Vader confronting—and possibly killing—our heroes on the beaches of Scarif. This made more sense when the ending had the team reuniting after getting the plans and then making a separate journey to a new location to transmit them. In the final film, everyone stays separated, and the place where the data is stored and the place it’s sent from were merged into one location. Since the team was no longer fighting together, no single storyline really warranted an appearance by Darth Vader anymore.

Edwards added that he felt the new corridor scene was “the greatest hits of Darth,” and that he literally sent the stunt team off to do whatever they could think of, and then he did some editing. “They came up with a whole shopping list of ideas. Seventy percent we used, and maybe 30 percent felt a little too extreme. They were things you hadn’t seen him do before, and I wanted to stick to what Darth does in the original trilogy.” In a way, the scene is pure fanservice, but in the best possible way.

Next time you watch Rogue One, think about the idea that there were ideas “too extreme” for it. Hard to believe, isn’t it?

Fonte: http://io9.gizmodo.com/darth-vaders-big-rogue-one-scene-barely-made-it-into-th-1793296029
Here's a Cool Glimpse at How Translators Made Rogue One: Una Historia de Star Wars
Beth Elderkin
3/05/17 2:00pm

Translation is one of the toughest jobs in Hollywood— especially when you’re dealing with one of the most popular franchises in the world. Remezcla and NPR’s Latino USA recently released a neat breakdown of how Rogue One: A Star Wars Story was translated into Spanish... and the history behind R2-D2's infamous Latin American moniker.

During the profile, Katya Ojeda, the translator behind many Latin American versions of Star Wars films, shared how it wasn’t easy converting Rogue One into Spanish. Since Star Wars is one of the hottest things out there, and Disney is always wary of leaks, the translators and actors never actually got to see the movie while working on it. Instead, Ojeda had to translate from a rotoscoped version of the film. The entire screen was in black, and when the actors talked, little “bubbles” would open up so she could observe the lip movements. She said the script was only available on one computer, and there was no way to access it outside of working hours.

When it came to the actual voice acting, the actors had to rely on acting cues from dubbing director Héctor Gómez Gil, since he was the only one who actually got to see the film beforehand. Well... with one exception. Turns out, Diego Luna voiced his own character, Cassian Andor, for the Latin American version of the film.

Another challenge surrounds the specific terms that are unique only to Star Wars. Nowadays, Disney and Lucasfilm will send all translators a list of terms they’re supposed to use, like sable de luz instead of lightsaber. That’s mainly so they can coordinate with marketing and toy development. However, that wasn’t always the case, or at least it wasn’t as enforced. One of the most famous translations is the use of Arturito instead of R2-D2— a name many Latin American Star Wars fans still use fondly, even though it’s been updated for the newer films.

Fonte: http://io9.gizmodo.com/heres-a-cool-glimpse-at-how-translators-made-rogue-one-1792987458
Gareth Edwards Used VR to Direct Rogue One's Digital Scenes
Beth Elderkin
2/25/17 3:15pm

If there’s anything Star Wars fans know about Gareth Edwards, it’s that he’s a very hands-on director. A recent demonstration shows how Industrial Light and Magic found a way to bring Edwards’ physical camerawork to the digital stage for Rogue One, using virtual reality.

BBC Click shared a visit to ILM London to get a behind-the-scenes peek at Rogue One’s digital prowess, in the wake of its Visual Effects Oscar nomination. During the interview, computer graphics supervisor Steve Ellis discussed how much ILM admired Edwards’ ability to get physical with his camerawork on set, and revealed that the visual effects advisor wanted him to be able to do that digitally.

So, they created what Ellis called a real-time virtual reality system, which was basically an iPad hooked up to an HTC Vive virtual reality controller. They’d pull up a digital scene for him, like the Star Destroyer’s scary reveal at the newly constructed Death Star. Then, using Steam VR tracking, Edwards would physically move the screen around, pinpointing what angle he’d want the shot to begin at and where he would want it to end up. The VFX artists would map out the scene’s progression to match.

“He would walk around and decide where he wanted the shots to start and end,” Ellis said. “This was how Gareth was filming, moving around and finding interesting framing.”

This kind of filmmaking isn’t new. Peter Jackson used a form of augmented reality to direct VFX shots for Lord of the Rings, and a lot of advancements in simulcam tech were developed for James Cameron’s Avatar. However, Rogue One’s VR work is something else entirely... mainly because it’s so accessible. Thanks to the advancements in virtual reality, ILM was able to rig a basic tablet to a consumer-grade VR device and digitally direct a multi-million dollar picture. Director Jon Favreau said he’ll be using similar VR tech for digital site scouting and shot planning for the live-action The Lion King movie.

It’s kind of incredible how VR you could purchase at Best Buy helped make the movie such a success. Rogue One’s final battles are some of the most dynamic scenes in Star Wars history, digital or physical. Edwards may have been using a fake camera, but the movie magic was entirely real.

[YouTube]

Fonte: http://io9.gizmodo.com/gareth-edwards-used-vr-to-direct-rogue-ones-digital-sce-1792747692

• Curtir
Reactions: b77
‘Rogue One’s Happier Alternate Ending Revealed Ahead of the Blu-ray Release
BY DAVE TRUMBORE MARCH 20, 2017

Since the marketing machine for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story started rolling in the lead-up to the film’s release, fans were sold on a wartime story with heist elements that centered around a crew of misfits who would play a huge role in the fate of the galaxy far, far away. Then Gareth Edwards‘ anthology film hit theaters; the resultant theatrical cut was mostly, but not exactly, what the marketing had promised. Discussions soon began to focus on the film’s script changes and rewrites, drafted in part by Gary Whitta, John Knoll, Chris Weitz, and Tony Gilroy, and speculation sparked up that there was an entirely different third act–if not a totally different movie–waiting somewhere in an editing bay.

Some of these changes are fairly obvious, like the early looks at the film which revealed the Rebel heroes running down a blasted beach with a harddrive-looking device in hand, or a TIE Fighter cutting off Jyn’s presumed escape at the end of a gangplank; neither of these shots were in the film. Other changes are less obvious, like the fact that Jyn Erso was originally Sergeant Jyn Erso (Felicity Jones) of the Rebel Alliance. Today, EW has some insight into more changes that occurred throughout the course of Rogue One‘s trip from script to screen, including details on the film’s alternate (and happier) ending.

Spoiler alert for Rogue One, since we’re going to discuss the ending in contrast to what it was originally intended to be. As you’ll remember, the Rebel heroes had managed to secure the Death Star plans and then uploaded them to their waiting allies, just before the tropical sand of Scarif was blasted out from under their feet, turning them all into martyrs. Whitta said, “The original instinct was that they should all die. It’s worth it. If you’re going to give your life for anything, give your life for this, to destroy a weapon that going to kill you all anyway.”

But the writers didn’t initially explore the idea since they feared Disney would find it too dark for the brand. When they finally decided to let the heroes succeed in the mission but fail to return, they had to get the okay from Disney/Lucasfilm brass, says Whitta: “We told them, we feel they all need to die, and [Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy] and everyone else said to go for it. We got the ending that we wanted.” This early happy ending was without Bodhi Rook (Riz Ahmed), Chirrut Imwe (Donnie Yen), or Baze Malbus (Jiang Wen), and originally had Sgt. Erso as an enlisted soldier rather than a recruited criminal. A Cassian Andor-type character still commanded the team alongside Erso, but he had a different name. The snarky droid K2-SO, however, was always part of the team and was always intended to die on Scarif.

Here’s where things differ markedly from the theatrical cut. This alternate ending was never shot, but it was scripted, as Whitta confirmed. In the happier ending, the Death Star is still about to destroy Scarif, but rather than have our heroes disable the planet’s shielding and upload the data, Jyn and the Cassian character managed to flee down the beach with data tapes in hand, as seen in earlier marketing material. “A rebel ship came down and got them off the surface,” Whitta says.

All well and good, until Vader pursues the shuttle and ultimately destroys it before turning his attention on Princess Leia’s own craft. However, audiences would have seen something interesting hidden in the remains of the shuttle fragments:

“They got away in an escape pod just in time,” Whitta said. “The pod looked like just another piece of debris … The transfer of the plans happened later. They jumped away and later [Leia’s] ship came in from Alderaan to help them. The ship-to-ship data transfer happened off Scarif.”

Obviously that’s not the way it all worked out in the final cut. Personally, I’m still holding out hope that there was at least a discussion to have Darth Vader cut down the Rogue One heroes in the same manner that he did the nameless Rebel Soldiers at the tail end of the movie, but that day may never come. However, EW has word on another Vader scene that didn’t make the cut, so keep your eyes peeled for more on that later this week.

Fonte: http://collider.com/rogue-one-alter...ium=social&utm_campaign=collidersocial#images

Estou ansioso pra ver o recheio de makin of e material deletado. Os comentários de cada cena.

Só falta sair em Super8 !! É uma fita de vídeo é uma fita de audio que tem de ser instaladas uma a uma muito bem sincronizadas.

Valinor 2023

Total arrecadado
R$2.434,79
Termina em:
Back