• Caro Visitante, por que não gastar alguns segundos e criar uma Conta no Fórum Valinor? Desta forma, além de não ver este aviso novamente, poderá participar de nossa comunidade, inserir suas opiniões e sugestões, fazendo parte deste que é um maiores Fóruns de Discussão do Brasil! Aproveite e cadastre-se já!

Prêmio Nobel de Literatura 2021

Também nunca tinha ouvido falar. Mas os comentários a respeito me fazem lembrar do Le Clézio, então eu provavelmente vou ler algum livro dele quando for publicado por aqui.

10 romances só, 200+ páginas cada, maravilha 🥰 !

quem duvida que a cia das letras vai comprar os direito tudo dos livros dele :hihihi:?

uma bio-bibliografia do autor pelo comitê do prêmio Nobel:

Última edição:
Pelo menos é alguém cujo conteúdo publicado a principio me pareceu ser bem mais relevante e mais interessante que a do ano anterior (Louise Gluck) que não teria a menor vontade de ler :lol:

Se tiver alguma novela ou filme adaptado, seria bacana.

O Famoso Quem??

Nobel sendo Nobel.
Por isso que ninguém liga. :lol:
Quem ler algo dele comenta aí depois no fórum pra nós.

Texto no The Guardian:

e uma entrevista com Ellen Mattson, membro da Academia Sueca:

Q: What is the best entrance to Gurnah's ouvre?
A: I would recommend Paradise.

Q: It feels like this choice is very timely. Has a conscious political decision been made?
A: No, the SA does not make political choices, but Gurnah's subjects are central to this time, that is true. But it is above all about how he describes this.

Q: What weight did the postcolonial perspective have in the choice of Gurnah?
A: It is not a determining factor. But it is an interesting and important perspective. The determining factor, however, is always how it is portrayed literary.

Q: What lessons can a multicultural Sweden draw from the writer's writing?
A: That is hard to say. Gurnah never has any simple solutions. But only to discuss and portray exile and multiculturalism is a value.

Q: Many Nobel laureates from other countries have emigrated to England, for example. Do you have any thoughts on that?
A: In Gurnah's case, it is about being born into the Commonwealth and having received a colonial-British schooling even though his mother tongue is Swahili. He himself says that he perceived English as a generous and spacious language that could accomodate him and his experiences.

Q: Gurnah is a postcolonial writer who writes in the colonial language, does it matter to his writing?
A: See the previous answer.

Q: Which authors do you think Abdulrazak Gurnah can be compared to?
A: He is a self-willed writer who mixes the storytelling of One Thousand and One Nights with the tradition of the European novel. I cannot find any suitable comparisons but know that others thought of Naipaul.

Q: How would you describe Gurnah's authorship?
A: He depicts exile, but above all he is a writer who creates living unique people. He does not write about historical processes but about individuals who are subject to historical processes. Then he also has a historical trace where he explores East Africa during the colonial era, but the individual, each person's unique fate, is always at the center.

Q: How does Gurnah's literary depicitions stand out?
A: He is a narrator, not an experimental writer. His text surface can often feel calm, a little cool, but beneath it there is heat and blackness, sometimes black sarcasm. Above all, he is a magnificent portrayer of people.

Q: What was your first impression of Gurnah?
A: I started with his novel Paraidse and immediately became very excited!

Q: Do you have a personal favourite among his books?
A: He is a qualitatively very even writer, with a few exceptions. Paradise is a favourite, Desertion another, Admiring Silence is also very good. His latest, Afterlives, as well. You can start almost anywhere in the authorship.

Q: When did you read Gurnah for the first time and which of his books not yet translated into Swedish do you hope will be translated first?
A: I have been reading Gurnah for just over a year, so even for me he is relatively new. I am also new in the Nobel Committee. I hope for Admiring Silence and Desertion, but almost everything is fine.

Q: As fas as I know, this is the fifth African author to receive the prize. Four of them have had English as their language. Why is it like that?
A: Gurnah's mother tongue is Swahili but he has chosen English as his literary language. He first encountered literature and reading in earnest through his English reading and has called English a generous language that can accomodate him and his experiences.

Q: Has the pandemic affected the choice of laureate in any way?
A: Not at all. Except that we got to have out meetings online of course.

Q: Do you get inspired by other writers as a member of the SA?
A: All this deep reading is very inspiring and revitalising, to read not just one or a couple of books but entire authorships in depth. After all, all candidates are writers at such a high level that everything is good - even if you may not like everything.

Q: Does he have any "misses" among his books?
A: There are definitely a couple of titles that I think are a little weaker. On the other hand, there are others on the committee who like these titles. I would probably say in general that he is a qualitatively very even writer. He has not written any bad books!

Q: How much do you read each year as a member of the SA? How did you come to read Gurnah?
A: I have never counted but of course it is hundreds of books every year, we are reading that which is newly published in Swedish as well. When it comes to Nobel reading it is particularly demanding because you read the entire authorship. We get nominations from all over the world, that is the way Gurnah and other candidates come to us for reading.

Q: Was Gurnah known by all the members and read even before his name began to be discussed for the prize?
A: I can only answer for myself. I knew of him but had not read him. But this is also my first year on the Nobel Committee.

Última edição:
Se o cara escreve em inglês, tá sussa: até o Natal já lançam algo dele por aqui. Tradução a toque de caixa. 😅

Ele passou bem despercebido mesmo, não assusta que essa integrante só tenha lido ele depois de entrar pra Academia rs
No fórum gringo lá foram 117 páginas discutindo tudo quanto é escritor e ele não apareceu uma vez 😂

Uns dois ou três até já tinham lido um livro há tempos, mas não pensaram nele.

Isso é tipo eu vaticinando um título de F-1 para o Bottas. Espero que façam uma matéria comigo quando ele vencer. :dente:

Se eu te disser que eu tinha um A Leste de Éden em dois volumes e vendi sem ler? Era aquele vermelhinho duma coleção antiga. :lol:

• Triste
Reactions: fcm

Valinor 2023

Total arrecadado
R$2.434,79
Termina em:
Back